|Conferences and Events
In support of AFHSC's role as the primary DoD proponent for health surveillance and epidemiologic training, staff members supervise and mentor preventive medicine residents during their rotations at AFHSC, provide subject-matter expertise to military public health events and exercises, and plan and execute conference in support of AFHSC's overall mission. Additionally, AFHSC directly supports the six US Geographic Combatant Commands (CCMDs) in through global health strategic engagements.
AFHSC Conferences and Training Events
- AFHSC sponsors and hosts training events each year in conjunction with various DoD stakeholders.
- Topics relevant to US military public health include public health surveillance, malaria, pandemic influenza, and recruit health.
- Formats ranging from conferences, workshops and tabletop exercises to working group meetings and roundtable discussions.
Combatant Command Engagements
Mission of AFHSC's CCMD Engagement Program: Facilitate CCMD Theatre Security Cooperation priorities by conducting Global Engagement activities that educate and influence health professionals in Partner Nations and support DoD partner laboratories in their global health surveillance initiatives.
- Conduct training and capacity building engagements (seminars, workshops, exercises) in priority countries within the CCMD's AOR.
- Strengthen civil-military and military-military collaborations in health surveillance.
- Facilitate relationships between DoD partner laboratories, CCMDs, and Partner Nations.
- Arrange for expert technical consultation and training to guide international partners in the development and enhancement of activities relevant to public health surveillance and response, with a particular focus on the World Health Organization's International Health Regulations (2005).